- Why didn’t Trunks or Goten ever grow a Saiyan tail?
The actual reason is that Akira Toriyama forgot to draw them with tails in the manga.
- How did the moon get back in the sky at the beginning of the series? Didn’t Master Roshi destroy it in the original Dragon Ball?
Kami restored the moon, but in return, permanently removed Goku’s tail to prevent future transformation disasters.
- Is it true that Goku’s father was a “brilliant scientist” who invented the Saiyan race’s artificial moonlight trick?
No. This is a mistake that was made in the original Saban dub of the show, and it has been corrected in all dubbed version since. Goku’s father was a low-class Saiyan warrior named Bardock, whose story is told in the TV special Bardock – The Father of Goku.
- Is it true that Tao was once a general in the Red Ribbon Army, and that Dr. Gero was their leader?
No and no.
Tao was a hired assassin employed by the Red Ribbon Army, and not actually someone within their ranks. Commander Red was the leader of the Red Ribbon Army. In fact, Dr. Gero never appears once in the original Dragon Ball series.
- Why did Goku stop using his Power Pole and Flying Nimbus?
Goku left his Power Pole at Kami’s Lookout in the original Dragon Ball. It serves as an elevator up to Kami’s Lookout from Korin’s Tower.
- Why Goku stops using the Nimbus is never really given an explanation, and it does, show up in the first saga of Z.
The most likely answer is because it became obsolete to Goku.Later we see that Goten uses the Flying Nimbus when Gohan first started High School.
- Why doesn’t Gohan transform into a Super Saiyan when he is fighting Super Buu?
At this point, Gohan has received his Mystic powerup from the Elder Kai. Transforming into a Super would most likely only waste energy.
He doesn’t transform because his abilities have been unlocked by the Elder Kai, and he’s stronger than a Super Saiyan 3.